Welcome to the UB family!
Thank you for supporting your student as they begin or continue their college experience! We know that support plays a crucial role in the success of any student, and parents and families are a large part that support system. That's why we created an orientation for the parents and families who will be actively supporting their UB student’s education. At orientation we will introduce you to our campus community, discuss important resources like financial aid and answer any questions you have about UB to ensure success for you and your student.
As you think about ways you can support your new UB student, here is some helpful Parent and Family Info about common challenges students face as they pursue their degree.
- Your UB student will RSVP for you as part of their RSVP process. All you need to do is make plans to attend for the duration of the program.
- Due to space limitations we must limit the number of guests per student. The following includes the approved number of guests that students may bring for their specific orientation date.
- Graduate Students: No Guests
- Freshman Students: 2 Guests
- Transfer Students: 1 Guest
Orientation agenda for parents and guests:
Parents and guests will attend the morning session with students, then will move into a separate program prior to lunch. We have planned a program to support parents and guests, answer questions, and provide a warm welcome to the UB family.
- Continental breakfast and lunch
- Resource fair
- Welcome from UB administrators and staff
- Panel discussions including campus safety and security, student life, financial aid, and more.
- Conversations with UB student orientation leaders
- Meet campus leaders and administrators
- Welcome Week Events
- Frequently Asked Questions