Reading, writing, thinking, knowing, doing—making knowledge work.
We are committed to making sure you have the skills and knowledge to succeed in a career that may be characterized by many roles, often across multiple fields. In 2016, we restructured our general education program to increase flexibility, clarify categories, and provide a comprehensive foundation.
Our undergraduate curriculum includes 38 credits of general education in the following areas:
- Arts & Humanities (9 credits)
- Social & Behavioral Sciences (6 credits)
- Physical & Biological Sciences (7 credits)
- Mathematics (3 credits)
- English Composition (6 credits)
- General Education Electives (7+ credits)
To ensure every undergraduate meets our UB learning goals, you will take specified courses in general education and/or in your major which are approved as meeting one or more of our graduation requirements:
- Information Literacy
- Technological Fluency
- Oral Communication
- Global Awareness & Diverse Perspectives
- Capstone Experience
UB's flexible general-education program encompasses Maryland requirements as well as specific University of Baltimore requirements. You'll be engaged, challenged and offered opportunities to develop skills and competencies that will last a lifetime.
- all new freshmen who entered UBalt between fall 2013 and spring 2016
- all new students entering UBalt between fall 2014 and spring 2016
- all new students entering UBalt in fall 2016 and spring 2017
- students who started prior to fall 2016 and have opted in with adviser approval
- all new students entering UBalt in fall 2017