These requirements apply to:
- all new freshmen (fewer than 24 college credits) who entered UBalt between fall 2014 and spring 2016
- all new students entering UBalt between fall 2014 and spring 2016
Note: Students enrolled during this general education program can opt-in to the current general education requirements (implemented fall 2016). Please contact your adviser to make the change.
UB's General Education program focuses on six broad areas that provide the essential skills, competencies and habits of mind that all undergraduate students need to thrive in a complex, ever-changing world. Those areas are:
- Quantitative and Qualitative Thinking
- Critical Thinking and Ethical Reasoning
- Global and Intercultural Knowledge
- Humanistic and Aesthetic Thinking
- Personal and Professional Skills
See the list of courses that fulfill the General Education requirements.
Gen Ed courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, except those indicated *, which must be completed with a grade of C or better.