Emergencies happen. We're here to help.
The Association for Corporate Growth provided funds to assist students in meeting short-term emergency financial obligations that threaten their continued enrollment at the university.
Students must demonstrate a need for a short-term loan due to a recent and unexpected change in financial status, explain how this change is prohibiting their attendance in their current classes, and have a sound plan of action to repay the loan within 60 days.
- meet UB’s Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements
- be in good conduct standing at the university
- be currently enrolled half-time in a degree seeking program
- demonstrate a need for short-term loan due to a recent and unexpected change in financial status
- document the ability to repay the loan within the loan term (no more than 60 days)
- have no outstanding loans from the fund
- Complete the Emergency Loan Application and submit documentation indicating need to the Office of Financial Aid by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Academic Center room 126.
- We will contact you if we need additional information. Decisions will be made as soon as possible and no later than first business day after receipt of your request and required documentation.
- Funds will be issued by check, for pickup or mailing (if applicable) from the Office of the Bursar, within 24 hours of approval. Please wait for confirmation that the check has been created before going to retrieve the check.
Terms and Conditions
- The maximum loan is $500.
- Students expecting financial aid refunds may have the opportunity to have the full amount of the loan deducted from the applicant's first financial aid available, when allowed by federal regulations.
- Should all financial aid be exhausted, or for students without financial aid, the repayment will be due within 60 days from availability to pick up the check.