Let Us Invest in You.
BALTIMORE CITY SCHOLARS PROGRAM
Together, we'll build a stronger city.
Baltimore City employees, advance your career at The University of Baltimore. As an anchor institution in Baltimore city, The University of Baltimore is designed to meet the needs of city government, residents, neighborhoods, businesses, nonprofits and more. Through our Baltimore City Scholars Program, Baltimore city government employees and select others who work in Baltimore city may qualify for financial aid needed to further their graduate or undergraduate education and directly contribute to a more educated city workforce.
- Graduate applicants must have verification of graduation and an undergraduate degree conferred with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Undergraduate applicants must have a minimum of 60 transferable credits earned with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Students must be admitted and enrolled in good standing at The University of Baltimore as at least a half-time student in a degree-granting program.
- Applicants must be currently working full-time for the city of Baltimore or have been working at an eligible employer in Baltimore city for at least 12 months.
For priority consideration when you apply, you must:
- complete the interest form
- complete an online application, be admitted and enrolled
- provide official transcripts from all institutions attended and all required supplemental materials
- provide a goal statement, current resume and supervisor’s letter of recommendation
- complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Please submit application materials electronically to email@example.com.
SCOPE OF AWARD
The scholarship award is granted up to six semesters for graduate students and up to eight semesters for undergraduate students (up to one-half tuition and fees).
To maintain eligibility, you must:
- maintain continual enrollment at The University of Baltimore
- make satisfactory academic progress and remain in good standing
- maintain eligibility as originally outlined.
Spring Nov 1
Fall May 1
UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSIONS
|Friday, April 16; 2-3 p.m.||RSVP|
|Tuesday, April 20; 6-7 p.m.||RSVP|
|Wednesday, April 21; 12-1 p.m.||RSVP|