Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act
Review the Department of Veterans Affairs website for information such as the VA Education Benefit Programs Comparison Chart to ensure you are electing the benefits best suited for you. NOTE: The Post 9/11 GI Bill is an irrevocable election.
As a new student to UB, please complete the following list to utilize your Post 9/11 Benefits:
- Visit the Department of Veterans Affairs Web site for complete eligibility and entitlement information or call the GI BILL Hotline at 1-888-442-4551.
- Complete VA Form 22-1990, Application for Educational Benefits, online.
- Complete the Veteran Semester Enrollment Form once you have enrolled in your courses.
- Provide a copy of your DD-214 or Certificate of Eligibility.
- Review UB Veterans Benefits Checklist.
- Submit all paperwork to UB's Office of Financial Aid.
Transferring to UB?
If you have utilized Military and Veteran Benefits at another school, please complete the following steps:
- Submit the Veteran Semester Enrollment Form
- Submit a copy of your DD-214 or Certificate of Eligibility
- Submit the Request for Change of Place of Training (VA Form 22-1995)
A credit evaluation must be completed for undergraduate students by the Office of Admission.
“Top-Up” eligible active duty DoD personnel may use the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill benefit in conjunction with TA funds from their Service to cover those course costs to the Service member that exceed the amount of TA paid by his or her Service. RC members who have earned entitlement for the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill can use both VA education benefits and TA, but VA will only pay for the portion of tuition not covered by TA. The combination of VA education benefits and TA will not exceed 100 percent of the actual costs of tuition.