Let UB invest in you: Complete your bachelor's degree for free.
The University of Baltimore is committed to providing you access to in-demand and career-focused academic programs. Through The Bob Parsons Scholarship Fund, UB is investing in Pell Grant eligible transfer and military/veteran students by providing financial support toward tuition and fees while you complete your bachelor's degree.
Due to high demand, we will continue to review for and award Bob Parsons Scholarships as funds are available. Complete your application to UB soon!
Step 1: Find out if you are eligible for the scholarship.To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- be applying to UB as a new undergraduate transfer student for the Fall 2020 semester or beyond
- have completed an associate degree OR be an active-duty Military, Veteran, Reservist or Maryland National Guard who has earned a minimum of 60 semester credits (or an equivalent combination of prior learning credits and academic credit)
- complete and submit to UB the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be Pell Grant eligible (UB's school code is 002102)
- intend to enroll as a full-time student (12 credits or more per semester)
- be pursuing your first bachelor’s degree
- have not been previously enrolled at the University of Baltimore (exceptions apply)
- meet the requirements to qualify for Maryland in-state tuition rates.
Step 2: Know the requirements of the scholarship.
If you receive the scholarship:
- You have 3 weeks from the date of the award notification to accept the award.
- You are eligible to renew the scholarship for up to three academic years following your initial semester of enrollment if you:
- complete the FAFSA each year
- continue to be Pell-eligible and accept any offered Pell Grant
- enroll at UB as a full-time student (12 credits or more per semester); consideration for final-semester enrollment at less than full-time status will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis
- maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher
- maintain continuous enrollment at UB (excludes winter and summer terms).
And, if you are awarded the scholarship:
- it can not be used as part of the Early-Entry Law program.
- you will not be eligible for any additional institutional scholarships.
- it will only cover full in-state tuition and fees.
Step 3: Attend a UB Virtual EventJoin the Office of Admission for any of our upcoming Transfer Information Sessions, which will cover admission requirements, review eligibility for the Parsons Scholarship, and discuss our academic programs and the UB student experience. You are also welcome to join us for any of our major webinars, as well!
Step 4: Apply for admission to UB.For priority consideration, submit your application for admission and all your required documents by June 1. You can apply for free using the code PARSONS to waive your online application fee.
Degrees Designed For You.
UB offers a variety of options to help you complete your bachelor's degree entirely online:.
- Both the B.S. Business Administration Accounting and the General Business specializations require no in-person attendance if you have already completed an A.A. or A.S. in Business Administration from a Maryland community college.
- The B.S. in Health Management program, which is offered in an Saturday and online format, is designed for students who wish to pursue a degree in healthcare management.
- The B.A. in Policy, Politics and International Affairs offers a hands-on, intensive program completely online.
- The B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies program is flexible enough for anyone who has earned an associate degree but who may not be decided on any specific major.
Learn more about all our degree programs to find the one that best works for you.