You can set up Microsoft Outlook to access your UB mailbox, including calendar and contacts, from off-campus computers. You can also access shared mailboxes using this option. If you need to access a shared mailbox after you configure Outlook, contact the OTS Call Center.
Once Outlook has been configured successfully, you will no longer need to use Outlook Web App to access your e-mail remotely.
Outlook 2010 Set-up Instructions
- Open Outlook 2010.
- From the startup screen, click Next.
- If prompted to create a new profile, enter a profile name (e.g. UB Email) and click OK.
Note: If you already have a personal email account configured in Outlook, you can add another by opening Outlook, selecting the File tab and clicking Add Account (see screenshot).
- Click Next if necessary to advance to the Add New Account screen.
- On the Add New Account screen, enter your name, Ubalt email address and password.
- Click Next.
- Once the e-mail server settings are configured (this may take a few moments), click Next.
- From the Windows Security login screen, choose Use another account.
- Enter your username: netID@ubalt.edu, where netID is your personal UB netID.
- Enter your password.
- Check the Remember my credentials box.
- Click OK.
- Click Finish.
- If prompted, restart Outlook.
- When Outlook restarts, you may need to re-enter your username
and your password in the Windows Security Login screen. Make sure the Remember my credentials box is checked..
- From Outlook 2010, select the File tab. The Info option will be selected by default.
- Select Account Settings and click to open.
- Double click your UB exchange account from the location indicated below.
- Check the Use Cached Exchange Mode box for optimal Outlook performance. Note: Cached Exchange Mode enables a better experience when you open your UB mailbox on your computer. This mode provides quick access your data, and is frequently updated on the server. You may experience issues with slowness if Cached Exchange Mode is unchecked.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish. Depending on the size of your mailbox, it may take several minutes before all your data is available.