Do you want to celebrate a staff person's success? Visit the Celebrating Staff Success form on Teams and the recognition will be shared in the next Staff Senate meeting.
"A compliment is verbal sunshine." -Robert Orben
Do you want to nominate a UBalt staff member for the USM Board of Regents Award and would like some support or guidance? Let us know.
The BOR Awards are a prestigious honor for the employee and the university. Yes, it takes time and effort to submit a quality nomination, yet we all know at least one staff person who deserves that recognition. The Staff Senate can assist you with the process by providing some administrative support.
First, confirm the person would be eligible for an award:
- Any employee may nominate another employee with the knowledge and consent of the nominee. Employees may also nominate themselves.
- Nominee must be a Staff employee of the University System of Maryland community, including all Staff employees in Regular and Contingent II status.
- Nominee must have been employed at their institution for at least five (5) consecutive years.
- CEO’s (Chancellor and Presidents), Officers and Sr. Leadership are not eligible. If uncertain about who qualifies with senior leadership, please reach out to HR.
Next, confirm a relevant award category exists (click for details):
- Exceptional Contribution to the Institution and/or Unit to Which the Person Belongs
- Outstanding Service to Students in an Academic or Residential Environment
- Extraordinary Public Service to the University or Greater Community
- Effectiveness and Efficiency Award (academic or administrative)
- Inclusion, Multiculturalism, and Social Justice
Then, if you want us to assist, then please submit the form below.