Applying for Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid requires two things: a cooperative relationship between you and the Office of Financial Aid and attention to detail. Below are some pointers for making the process as pain-free as possible.
Financial Aid Application Process
Complete the FAFSA every year! The FAFSA becomes available October 1st each year. You should plan on completing it as soon you plan to attend college. You must file the FAFSA each year you want to use financial aid. For more information on the FAFSA, visit our FAFSA Summary webpge.
- Apply for admission. Your application for financial aid will be reviewed once your application is complete and you have been admitted into a qualified academic program.
- Once you have been admitted, you will receive instructions to connect to your MyUBalt student portal. Access to all financial aid directions and forms are found on the left side under My Student Center. For assistance with logging into MyUBalt, contact the OTS Call Center.
- Mark all documents clearly with your name and student ID number. If you do not know your ID number, log into your MyUBalt portal and look for the My ID Information on the far right.
- Keep copies of everything. Remember your FSA User ID & Password, you will need them often.
- Processing of applications and awarding begins in late March/early April for new students and every June for returning students.
- Reapply for aid every year. Complete your FAFSA every year as early as possible. The State of Maryland's FAFSA submission deadline for state scholarships is June 1st.