Applying for financial aid requires two things: a co-operative relationship between you and the Office of Financial Aid and attention to detail. Below are some pointers for making the process as pain-free as possible.
Financial Aid Application Process
- Apply for admission. Your application for financial aid will be reviewed once your application is complete and you have been accepted into a qualified academic program.
- Once you have been accepted you will receive a MyUB account. Access to all financial aid directions and forms are found on the left side under My Student Center. For assistance with logging into MyUB contact the OTS Call Center.
- Mark all documents clearly with your name and student ID number. If you do not know your ID number log into your MyUB and look for the My ID Information on the far right.
- Keep copies of everything.
- Processing of applications and awarding begins in late March/early April for new students and every June for returning students.
- Reapply for aid every year. Complete your FAFSA every year as early as possible. The State of Maryland's priority deadline is March 1st. Remember your FSA User ID & Password, you will need them often.