Skip to content
  • Where is the veterans center located on Campus?

    The Bob Parsons Veterans Center is located in the Academic Center, Room 129. To reach us, enter through the computer lab (Academic Center, Room 135N) on the north side of the building.

  • Where on campus can I find assistance with adjusting to a university environment?

    The Bob Parsons Veterans Center acts as a hub for military and veteran students to connect with each other, have their questions answered and find assistance navigating the University. Additionally, UB provides military and veteran students with a spectrum of support, including career skills development, mental health counseling, a flourishing military student organization, and academic coaching and tutoring services.

  • Do I need to resubmit forms each semester?

    After your initial enrollment and certification, only the Semester Enrollment Form should be submitted to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs certifying officials each semester.

  • Does UB Have an ROTC program?

    As a UB student, you can join ROTC as part of our partnership with The Johns Hopkins University. You'll get 100 percent of your college tuition paid for in return for the participation in the program, and upon graduation you'll be commissioned as an officer in the U.S. Army.

  • Who should I talk to about transferring credits from another college?

    Robin Hart-Mize, the tranfer evaluator in the Office of the University Registrar, can answer questions about transferring credit from other colleges and universities, prior military education and examination programs.

  • What is the amount of the stipend for the Chapter 33 (post-9/11) GI Bill?

    This amount depends on your status as a full-time or part-time student as well as your percentage of eligibility. At the full amount, with 100 percent eligibility, it is equal to the Basic Allowance for Housing for an E-5 (regardless of your prior rank/grade) with dependents at the ZIP code of the University of Baltimore (21201).

  • How many credits do I need to take to be considered a full-time student?

    During the spring and fall semesters, undergraduate students must take 12 credits to be considered full time for purposes of veterans benefits. Graduate students must take 9 credits.

  • What do I do if I am using my GI Bill benefits but my financial aid summary is showing that I owe a balance?

    As long as your Semester Enrollment Form has been filed with the Office of Financial Aid in a timely fashion, UB will place an indicator on your account, and you will not be removed from classes while the University awaits payment from the VA.

  • What should I do if I am taking classes at two different institutions?

    Please contact our VA certifying officials at Generally, benefits must be registered with your home institution's certifying official, who will provide you with a guest letter to bring to the second institution.

  • What resources are provided to student veterans with disabilities?

    The Office of Disability and Access Services (Academic Center, Room 139) offers support to students who need accommodations on campus and in the classroom. For specific questions, please email or call 410.837.4775.

Don't see the answer you're looking for? Feel free to contact us.

We're here to help.

If you don't see the answer you're looking for, don't hesitate to stop by the The Bob Parsons Veterans Center. The coordinator of military and veteran student services is on campus to support you and connect you to the benefits you've earned.

If you can't come by the center, the staff can be reached at or 410.837.5909.

Last Published 7/6/17