UB and Shady Grove make it easy to pay for college.
We offer multiple ways to pay for your education.
- All incoming transfer students are considered for merit scholarships based on your cumulative transfer GPA from all previously attended institutions. Full and halft-time students are eligible, as are international, DACA and Dreamer students.
- Incoming transfer students may also be eligible for The Bob Parsons Scholarship, which is based on financial need and full-time enrollment. This scholarship covers full tuition and fees.
- Graduate students with exemplary past academic records may earn merit scholarships.
- A variety of institutional scholarships may also be available.
Financial Aid (Loans and Grants):
- Students are strongly encouraged to complete their FAFSA and have it sent to UB. UB's FAFSA code is 002102.
- The FAFSA is required to be considered for The Bob Parsons Scholarship (for transfer students), Pell Grants, federal work study programs and Graduate PLUS loans.
- For more information, visit the Office of Financial Aid web page.
- The Universities at Shady Grove offers a wide range of scholarships for everything from textbooks to full tuition to help students achieve their educational goals.
- The Maryland Higher Education Commission offers a variety of scholarships for transfer and graduate students and returning students.
Tuition Remission/Military Education Benefits:
- UB accepts payments from the Department of Defense, the Veterans Affairs Administration, the Maryland National Guard, and other military-affiliated agencies. Students should discuss eligibility and payment with the UB School Certifying Official.
- UB also accepts payments from employers and private agencies or organizations. You must file paperwork by appropriate deadlines to qualify.
- Learn more about what's required on the Military and Third-Party Billing web page.
Tuition Payment Plan:
The University of Baltimore offers a flexible tuition payment plan for the fall, spring and summer semesters. Payment plans enable you to spread out your tuition payments over a period of time with interest-free monthly installments. Enrollment dates and the duration of plans vary each semester. Please note that the University of Baltimore does not offer tuition payment plans for the winter term.