Join us for upcoming career events focused on your future.
Attend our professional development workshops or connect with employers right here on campus.
- Career Fairs (meet the region's top employers)
- Be Ready Workshops (get career ready with this series)
- Professional Career Events (network and learn to manage your career)
- On-Campus Recruitment & Opportunities to Meet Employers (interview with employers right here on campus!)
Meet some of the region's top employers and get an overview of what it's like to work for these companies.
Maryland Career Consortium Annual Career Fair
Friday, Feb. 24, 2017, 10-2 p.m.
Notre Dame of Maryland University
Note: Transporation will be provided for UB students by the Career & Professional Development Center.
- 9:45 am: Shuttle departure from UB (meet on Gordon Plaza)
- Shuttle will be provided between UB and Notre Dame University of Maryland on a continuous loop until 2:15 pm.
- 2:15 pm: Final departure from Notre Dame University of Maryland (end of service)
More Information for Students
The MCC Career Fair, open to college students and alumni only, is an opportunity to meet and network with employers from various local, regional and national industries including the government, private and non-profit sectors
RSVP now: Students do not need to register for the MCC fair. Professional attire and Bee card required to check-in the day of the fair.
Career Fair Preparation: We encourage you to make an appointment with a career coach to perfect your pitch and networking skills prior to the event. You can also participate in the events listed below or click here for career fair prep tips from MCC.
- Attend a Be Ready Workshop: February 15, 2017, 5:45 – 6:45 pm, Location: UB Student Center, Room 301
- Watch: Career Fair Success Video
HireMaryland Career Fair 2017 - "Alumni Only"
Thursday, June 8, 2017, 11-2:30 p.m.
Notre Dame of Maryland University (MBK Gymnasium)
Alumni Register here
Be Ready Workshops cover various professional development topics to aid you in your career path.
Effective Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 3:45-4:45 p.m. (Student Center, Room 301)
- Thursday, March 2, 2017, 5:45-6:45 pm (Student Center, Room 301)
Learn what employers are looking for - and what they're not looking for - in resumes and in cover letters. This workshop is for those who are just starting to craft their resumes, those who want to perfect their cover letters and everyone in between
How to Work a Career Fair
- Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 5:45-6:45 p.m. (Student Center, Room 301)
Attend this event to learn how to prepare for a career fair. In this workshop we will review how to research companies, dress appropriately, make introductions, use professional pitches, and follow up.
More workshops on your own time:
Our Be Ready Workshops are available on demand through our YouTube channel.
Additional Professional Communication workshops are also held at the Achievement and Learning Center.
These additional events can help you network and learn more about professional development.
Be Ready Workshop: Effective Resume and Cover Letter Writing
Tuesday, Feb. 7, 3:45-4:45 p.m. (SC 301) (log into UBworks to register)
Special Virtual Webinar: How to get Class Credit for an Internship
Wednesday, Feb. 8, noon-1:00 pm (log into UBworks to register)
Internship Drop-in Hours
Wednesday, Feb. 8, 3:00-5:00 p.m. (SC 306)
Internship Week is geared towards students seeking to gain experience in their career field through for-credit, paid, or unpaid internships. Students will gain a better understanding of how to find internships and make the most of their internship opportunities.
Dine for Success: Professional Etiquette Dinner (all majors welcome)
- Thursday, Mar. 30, 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. (John and Frances Angelos Law Center, 12th floor)
- Registration Fee: $10
Learn how to improve and refine your professional networking and dining etiquette skills. Focus will be given on dining and etiquette protocols for lunch and dinner interviews. A 3-course meal will be provided. Business attire recommended, but not required. Register in UBworks (located under tools in MyUB). Payment can be made at the Career and Professional Development Center in SC 306 via cash or check. The last day to register is March 3, 2017.
This event is co-sponsored by the Career and Professional Development Center, Office of the President and the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs.
Why Grad School?
- Wednesday, Mar. 15, Time TBD (John and Frances Angelos Law Center, 12th floor)
Learn how to select a grad school (or schools) and what it takes to be admitted. Representatives from Kaplan, Princeton Review, UB graduate admission, UB’s Achievement and Learning Center and more will be in attendance.
Start-Up Networking Event
- Wednesday, Mar. 29, 6:00-8:00 p.m. (John and Frances Angelos Law Center, 12th floor Reading Room)
Come meet the fastest growing startup companies based in Baltimore. Network with innovative entrepreneurs, discover internship and job opportunities and learn about the skills required to enter this specialized workforce. Business casual attire is required.
- Thursday, Apr. 6, 2:00-6:00 p.m. (UB Student Center, Room 306)
Come by the Career Center in your business attire and have your picture taken for your LinkedIn profile.
The On-Campus Interview Program (OCI) is coordinated to connect UB students with local employers hiring full-time employees and interns. The program consists of Employer Visibility Tables, Information Sessions, and On-campus Interviews all held at the University of Baltimore.
For the most up-to-date On Campus Recruitment schedules log into UBworks.