Join us for upcoming career events focused on your future.
Attend our professional development workshops or connect with employers right here on campus.
- Career Fairs (meet the region's top employers)
- Be Ready Workshops (get career ready with this series)
- Professional Career Events (network and learn to manage your career)
- On-Campus Recruitment & Opportunities to Meet Employers (interview with employers right here on campus!)
Accounting Career Fair, Sept. 20, 3-6 p.m.
William H. Thumel Sr. Business Center, atrium co-hosted by the Merrick School of Business
The Accounting Career Fair features organizations with full-time and internship positions for students and alumni. Prepare ahead of time by getting your resume reviewed and practicing your pitch with a UB career coach.
RSVP through UBworks (within the MyUB portal under the “Events” tab). Your Bee Card and professional attire are required for entry into the fair
Log into to UBworks to view registered companies
- Drop-in Resume Review Day for Accounting Students: Wednesday, September 13, 2 - 5 p.m.
Psychology Practicum Internship Fair, Oct. 3, 4-5:30 p.m.
UB Student Center, Hilda and Michael Bogomolny Room
- Mix and mingle with employers and other contacts in the psychology field in a relaxed atmosphere. Light refreshments will be provided; professional dress is required.
- RSVP through UBworks (within MyUB) under the “Events” tab.
Arts & Technology Industry Night Wednesday, Oct. 25, 3-6 p.m.
William H. Thumel Sr. Business Center Atrium co-hosted by the Yale Gordon College of Arts and Sciences
- Interested in a career in print, television, marketing, advertising, non-profit, gaming, theatre or technology? Meet industry leaders and gain insight into your field of choice!
- This event is designed for students in the College of Arts and Sciences. Please wear your business casual attire.
Government and Nonprofit Career Fair Tuesday, Nov. 14, 3-6 p.m.
UB Student Center, Hilda and Michael Bogomolny Room
- Meet with representatives from several federal agencies and nonprofit organizations to learn about employment and internship opportunities and potential career paths.
- Please RSVP through UBworks; professional dress is required.
Be Ready Workshops cover various professional development topics to aid you in your career path.
Effective Resume and Cover Letter Writing
Learn what employers are looking for—and what they’re not looking for—in resumes and in cover letters. This workshop is for those who are just starting to craft their resumes, those who want to perfect their cover letters and everyone in between.
- September 12; 3:45 - 4:45 pm; Student Center (Room 301)
- September 26; 5:45 - 6:45 pm, Student Center (Room 301)
- October 18, 5:45 - 6:45 pm, Student Center (Room 301)
- November 8, 3:45 - 4:45 pm, Student Center (Room 301)
How to Work a Career Fair
Attend this event to learn how to prepare for, and effectively work, a career fair. In this workshop we will review how to research companies, dress appropriately, make introductions and professional pitches, and follow up.
- September 13; 5:45 - 6:45 pm, Location TBD
- October 19; 3:45 - 4:45 pm, Student Center (Room 301)
- November 7; 5:45 - 6:45 pm, Business Center (Room 131)
Looking for a job? Trying to expand your professional network? Attend the LinkedIn Clinic to receive hands-on assistance with building a strong LinkedIn profile. This event co-sponsored by the UB Chapter of the National Society of Leadership and Success. Download the flyer here.
- September 28, 5:45 - 7:45 pm Student Center (room 301)
More workshops on your own time:
Our Be Ready Workshops are available on demand through our YouTube channel.
Additional Professional Communication workshops are also held at the Achievement and Learning Center.
Why Grad School?
Wednesday, Nov. 8, 11:45 - 2 p.m., Law School, 12th floor
If you are considering graduate school, this is the event for you! Learn why you might want to pursue an advanced degree, in addition to reviewing the graduate admission steps. Representatives from the Career and Professional Development Center, the Office of Graduate Admissions, and graduate school prep organizations will be providing expert advice.
Majors Exploration Event
Tuesday, Oct. 24, 12:30 - 1:50 p.m, Business Center, Atrium
This program is designed to assist freshman students with selecting or declaring a major. Students will have the opportunity to interact with Academic Advisors from UB academic departments. In addition, Career Specialists will be available to discuss jump-starting your career in business, public affairs or the arts & sciences. Refreshments will be served.
Turning Your Dreams Into Reality: Vision Board-Making
Thursday, Nov. 9, 3:45 - 5:30 p.m. Student Center, Room 301
Vision boards are a powerful visualization tool that can be used as inspiration for your journey toward your ideal life. Join us as we create collages of our goals and dreams through this colorful workshop. All materials will be provided. Please RSVP through UBworks (within MyUB under the “Events” tab).
LinkedIn Photo Shoot
Thursday, Nov. 30, 2 - 6 p.m., UB Student Center, Room 306
Come by the Career and Professional Development Center in your business attire and have your picture taken for your LinkedIn profile.
The On-Campus Interview Program (OCI) is coordinated to connect UB students with local employers hiring full-time employees and interns. The program consists of Employer Visibility Tables, Information Sessions, and On-campus Interviews all held at the University of Baltimore.
For the most up-to-date On Campus Recruitment schedules log into UBworks.