Skip to content

As an international student, you must be able to demonstrate the ability to cover the cost of attendance at University of Baltimore before you become eligible for a student visa.

  • Cost of Attendance

    The cost of attendance includes all education and living expenses. For a more detailed estimate of annual expenses, please refer to this guide.

  • Financial Certification Guidelines
    • Students may be sponsored by a parent, relative, friend, government agency, scholarship agency or themselves.
    • Funds to cover expenses for the first year of study must be demonstrated in full by a current bank statement showing available liquid assets.
    • Funds for the remaining years of study must be guaranteed by the sponsor in a letter of financial support.
    • Sponsors should plan their long-term budget carefully, as tuition and living expenses are subject to an annual increase. Depending on the student's academic program, two to five years of full-time study should be anticipated.
  • Financial Certification Documentation

    The following financial certification documents are needed to assess a student or sponsor's ability and intention to pay for educational expenses:

    1. Letter of financial support. This must include the sponsor's contact information, relationship to the student and the U.S. dollars amount that the sponsor is willing and able to pay each year throughout the duration of the student's program of study. The letter must be signed and dated.
    2. Bank statements. The sponsor must demonstrate that funds are currently available to cover 100 percent of the student's estimated costs for the first year of study.

    These two documents may be scanned and emailed to Documents do not need to be notarized.

  • Student Visas

    All International students who need a form to apply for a student visa or need to transfer a current student visa from another U.S. institution must first complete the application process and be accepted to the University of Baltimore.

    An I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status-For Academic and Language Students) or DS-2019 (Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status) form will not be issued until the Offices of Admission have received satisfactory financial documentation that shows the student can cover the cost of attendance for their first year of study.

Last Published 3/8/17