Creative Writing & Publishing Arts Admission Requirements
- a bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA from a regionally accredited college or university
Note that the GRE is not required for admission to this program.
fall semester admission only: Feb. 15
>>APPLY NOW. Spaces still available in the fall 2016 class.
*Applications received after the deadline date will be considered depending on availability of space, strength of your credentials and sufficiency of time for processing.
Contact Us:For more information about graduate admission, please contact the Office of Graduate and International Admission and Enrollment at email@example.com or 410.837.6565.
View our frequently asked questions (and our answers, of course).
- Online application. Complete and submit the online application and pay the $35 application fee. (To pay in-state tuition, you must submit the Maryland In-State Residency form). You can submit your Statement of Personal Interest electronically as part of the online application.
- Official transcript(s). Request that an official transcript of all prior college or university work (including graduate courses, if applicable) be sent directly from each institution attended; electronic transcripts are encouraged.
- Letters of recommendation. Have two professors or employers submit letters of recommendation on your behalf; these should be sent in sealed envelopes with signatures across the sealed portion or emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Portfolio. Submit (by email as a pdf to email@example.com) a portfolio of no more than 10 poems or 10-15 pages of prose (fiction or literary nonfiction). Include a copy of your Statement of Personal Interest with your portfolio.
Application materials can also be mailed to the University of Baltimore Office of Graduate Admission, 1420 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21201.