How to Delete a Wireless Printer in Vista if Receiving Access Denied Error
Use these instructions if you are getting "Access Denied" when trying to delete a wireless printer from Windows Vista.
- Click the Start button (Windows icon).
- In the Start Search box, type MMC. MMC should appear under the Programs column.
- Click MMC to continue and launch the MMC console.
- In the Console window, select File and click Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Under Available Snap-Ins select Print Management.
- Click the Add button. This will launch the Configure Print Management window.
- In the Print Configure Management window, click the Add the Local Server button.
- Click Finish. Notice that Print Management is displayed under Selected snap-ins.
- Click OK. You will see the Console window.
- In the left column of the Console window, click Print Management.
- Click Print Servers.
- Click the local print server (your pc name).
- Click Printers. The wireless printer(s) will display in the right column under Printer Name.
- Click the wireless printer you wish to delete and click the Delete button on the toolbar. (The red x button.)
- Click Yes when prompted to delete the printer.
- Back in the Console window, select File and click Close.
- Click Yes when prompted to save console settings.