We are investing in our transfer students.
Did you receive a post card?
Use the application fee waiver code printed on your post card to apply for free!
Learn more about The Bob Parsons Scholarship Fund, a transfer and military student scholarship program designed to help you complete your bachelor's degree for free. Merit-based scholarships are also available for full- and part-time students.
Visit your community college page!
Select your Community College to learn more about transfer pathways and degree maps, our BeeLine Dual Admission program, special events, and how to contact your designated admission counselor.
- Allegany College of Maryland
- Anne Arundel Community College
- Baltimore City Community College
- Carroll Community College
- Cecil College
- Chesapeake College
- College of Southern Maryland
- Frederick Community College
- Garrett College
- Hagerstown Community College
- Harford Community College
- Howard Community College
- Montgomery College
- Prince George's Community College
- Wor Wic Community College
At UB, Knowledge That Works isn’t just a tagline—it’s a commitment to our students. Faculty expertise, accredited programs and an applied, hands-on approach to education has positioned UB among the most distinguished professionally oriented universities in Maryland. We’ve built a reputation for ensuring that our students are prepared for rewarding careers in high-demand industries.
As a transfer student, you're core to our mission, not an afterthought. More than half of our new undergraduates every year are transfer students, so you'll be in good company. Plus, UB has been recognized as the most transfer-friendly university within the University System of Maryland in terms of the number of credits we accept and apply toward your degree.
Apply online today:
- Submit your online application, including the Maryland Residency Form to be considered for In-state tuition.
- Have official transcripts from all schools you've attended sent to UB, either electronically or in the mail.
- Are you an international F1 transfer student? Contact our Office of International Admission and Services to speak with an international admission counselor for guidance and assistance.
And, did you know?
UB is the #1 public university in Maryland (and #31 nationally) for working adults. –Washington Monthly
You can afford UB.
New transfer students are offered distinct merit scholarships based on the number of transfer credits and cumulative GPA:
- For Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 admits, the annual scholarship amount for full-time students (12+ credits) ranges from $1000-$3000 and $500 - $1500 for half-time (for 6-11 credits) students.
- Students need to maintain a 3.0 GPA to retain the award.
- Full-time awards are renewal for up to two consecutive years while half-time awards are renewable for up to three consecutive years but students may request award extension from the Office of Financial Aid.
- International, DACA and Dreamer students are eligible for merit-based awards, but second-bachelor and Certificate students are not.
Office of Admission response to COVID-19
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the University of Baltimore Office of Admission is operating remotely. During this time, we are committed to providing uninterrupted personal attention and customer service to our prospective and admitted students.