Attend the #1 public university in Maryland for working adults.
Complete Your Degree for Free.
Learn more about The Bob Parsons Scholarship Fund, a transfer and military student scholarship program designed to help you complete your bachelor's degree for free. Merit-based scholarships are also available for full- and part-time students.
Complete your degree entirely online.
Visit our online programs web page to learn more.
Visit your community college page!
Select your Community College to learn more about transfer pathways and degree maps, our BeeLine Dual Admission program, special events, and how to contact your designated admission counselor.
- Allegany College of Maryland
- Anne Arundel Community College
- Baltimore City Community College
- Carroll Community College
- Cecil College
- Chesapeake College
- College of Southern Maryland
- Frederick Community College
- Garrett College
- Hagerstown Community College
- Harford Community College
- Howard Community College
- Montgomery College
- Prince George's Community College
- Wor Wic Community College
Knowledge That Works is our commitment to our students. We’ve built a reputation for ensuring that our students are prepared for rewarding careers in high-demand industries.
We know Transfer. More than half of our new undergraduates every year are transfer students, and we've been recognized as the most transfer-friendly university within the University System of Maryland in terms of the number of credits we accept and apply toward your degree.
Apply online today:
- Submit your online application, including the Maryland Residency Form to be considered for In-state tuition.
- Have official transcripts from all schools you've attended sent to UB, either electronically or in the mail.
- Are you an international F1 transfer student? Contact our Office of International Admission and Services to speak with an international admission counselor for guidance and assistance.
New transfer students are offered distinct merit scholarships based on the number of transfer credits and cumulative GPA:
- For new students in spring 2021 , the annual scholarship amount for full-time students (12+ credits) ranges from $1000-$3000 and $500 - $1500 for half-time (for 6-11 credits) students.
- Students need to maintain a 3.0 GPA to retain the award.
- Full-time awards are renewal for up to two consecutive years while half-time awards are renewable for up to three consecutive years but students may request award extension from the Office of Financial Aid.
- International, DACA and Dreamer students are eligible for merit-based awards, but second-bachelor and Certificate students are not.