New features as of July 31, 2018:
- Education from Microsoft
- Free Office 365 training
- OneDrive for Business Files Restore
- Update to Flash, Silverlight and Shockwave controls in Office - For security reasons, new builds of Microsoft Office for Office 365 block activation of Flash, Silverlight, and Shockwave controls in Office applications.
- Updated feature: Versioning settings in OneDrive for Business, and team sites in SharePoint Online - enabling versioning on all Document Libraries in OneDrive for Business, and team sites in SharePoint Online, including both group-connected team sites and team sites not connected to an Office 365 Group.
- Updated feature: New Start Page experiences for Office - ...for both Desktop (Windows) and Web versions of the Office apps (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) These updates will show a new experience that allow you to see documents important to you more easily, create content quickly and get updates on activities in your document.
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliant end user notification - Microsoft offers several connected services through enterprise Office 365 offerings which include such features as Office Templates and Online Pictures, which transmits data to Microsoft for processing (additional connected services are provided at the end of this message). Users of these features in products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint will receive an in-application notification making them aware of this.
- Updated Features: Monthly feature updates for Office 2016 for Office 365
- In Outlook, add multiple time zones to your calendar to easily see everyone's availability and pick a time that works for all.
- Calendars shared from Outlook Desktop are now also available in Outlook Mobile.
- In Word, split or join words, add a new line, or insert words using your pen.
- Use your voice to create emails by simply dictating in Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Collaborate more effectively by chatting with your co-authors without ever leaving PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
Office 365 Roadmap
The Office 365 Roadmap lists updates that are currently planned for applicable subscribers. Updates are at various stages from being in development to rolling-out to customers to being generally available for applicable customers world-wide, please click here.
Office 365 Benefits
Office 365 is delivered to students, staff, and faculty through the cloud and includes access to Microsoft Office as well as Web-based versions of the Microsoft Office suite. In addition, Office 365 users have access to Skype for Business, OneDrive, and OneNote. Through the cloud service, Office applications can be accessed over the Internet from anywhere at anytime.
Office 365 offers many benefits:
- Provides students the cloud-based services they have been requesting.
- Everyone has 50 GB of storage for email.
- Everyone receives cloud-based personal file storage on OneDrive.
For more information about Office 365, please click here.
Contact the OTS Call Center with questions, comments or feedback.