New features as of June 25, 2019:
- 'External" being added to subject and body of external email sent to UB addresses.
- Outlook on the web (opt-in) - Share availability from email compose - The new Outlook on the web, currently opt-in, does not support the Share availability feature. If they have already opted-in to the new Outlook on the web they can opt-out. https://acompli.helpshift.com/a/outlook-mobile/?s=calendar-1492711395&f=how-do-i-send-my-availability-to-someone-via-email-1556034333&p=all
- New Feature: OneDrive sync client Get Help - End-users will be able to reach out to Microsoft Support from OneDrive Activity Center using “More” menu and selecting “Get Help” option. This feature will be available as part of OneDrive sync client build 19.043.0304.0007. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/onedrive-release-notes-845dcf18-f921-435e-bf28-4e24b95e5fc0?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
- Updated Feature: Teams call and meeting controls - rolling this feature out soon, to improve discoverability and reduce clutter, we are unifying all controls on screen to one toolbar on the bottom of the screen. Once this change has rolled out users will see the new experience. https://support.office.com/teams
- New Feature: Outlook on the web - inline translation - completed worldwide by the end of August 2019, When Outlook detects that a received message is in a language different than the user's mailbox's language, it will ask the user if they want to translate it by showing the option at the top of the message. https://support.office.com/article/translate-text-into-a-different-language-287380e4-a56c-48a1-9977-f2dca89ce93f
- New Feature: Teams EDU simplified grid user experience - Starting in late July… user experience with a grid view layout for our Teams Education users. Users will have the option to move back to the original view if they prefer. https://educationblog.microsoft.com/2019/06/teams-for-education-celebrates-two-years-with-new-updates-for-back-to-school/
Office 365 Roadmap
The Office 365 Roadmap lists updates that are currently planned for applicable subscribers. Updates are at various stages from being in development to rolling-out to customers to being generally available for applicable customers world-wide, please click here.
Office 365 Benefits
Office 365 is delivered to students, staff, and faculty through the cloud and includes access to Microsoft Office as well as Web-based versions of the Microsoft Office suite. In addition, Office 365 users have access to Skype for Business, OneDrive, and OneNote. Through the cloud service, Office applications can be accessed over the Internet from anywhere at anytime.
Office 365 offers many benefits:
- Provides students the cloud-based services they have been requesting.
- Everyone has 50 GB of storage for email.
- Everyone receives cloud-based personal file storage on OneDrive.
For more information about Office 365, please click here.
Contact the OTS Call Center with questions, comments or feedback.