New features as of March 26, 2019:
- 'External" being added to subject and body of external email sent to UB addresses.
- New feature: Changes to PowerPoint and Word to open files faster - Rather than always checking for updates for cloud files prior to opening, Word and PowerPoint will open any existing version on the user’s device and then sync updates immediately afterwards. https://support.office.com/article/office-document-cache-settings-4b497318-ae4f-4a99-be42-b242b2e8b692
- Updated feature: New Tasks module in Outlook on the Web - new Tasks module in Outlook on the web as an updated Office 365 feature. We'll begin rolling this feature out in mid-March. https://support.office.com/article/set-up-microsoft-to-do-490c1a8c-2333-4952-8125-841afadb9620
- New feature: Open file links directly in Office desktop apps - allow your users to open files saved in the Microsoft cloud directly in their existing Office 365 desktop apps... when users open links to Word, Excel, or PowerPoint files, users can choose to have the file open directly in the appropriate Office app instead of it opening in the browser. https://support.office.com/article/fe241745-9e05-4142-9ba8-1bb1dc044773
- A new mass delete notification is coming to SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business - …by the end of February whenever someone deletes more than 200 synced OneDrive or Team Site files at once from their device, the OneDrive sync client will prompt the user to confirm it was intentional. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-OneDrive-Blog/OneDrive-Message-Center-Updates-January-1st-to-January-15th/bc-p/319802
Office 365 Roadmap
The Office 365 Roadmap lists updates that are currently planned for applicable subscribers. Updates are at various stages from being in development to rolling-out to customers to being generally available for applicable customers world-wide, please click here.
Office 365 Benefits
Office 365 is delivered to students, staff, and faculty through the cloud and includes access to Microsoft Office as well as Web-based versions of the Microsoft Office suite. In addition, Office 365 users have access to Skype for Business, OneDrive, and OneNote. Through the cloud service, Office applications can be accessed over the Internet from anywhere at anytime.
Office 365 offers many benefits:
- Provides students the cloud-based services they have been requesting.
- Everyone has 50 GB of storage for email.
- Everyone receives cloud-based personal file storage on OneDrive.
For more information about Office 365, please click here.
Contact the OTS Call Center with questions, comments or feedback.