New features as of April 24, 2018:
- Education from Microsoft
- Office 365 Groups
- Free Office 365 training
- Updated feature: Microsoft Forms
- OneDrive for Business Files Restore
Retirement plans for OWA mobile apps - OWA for iPhone, iPad and Android will be retired in May 2018, and we encourage all users to begin using Outlook for iOS and Android. Effective May 20, 2018, the Windows Phone apps for Skype for Business will be retired and will no longer be available for download from the Windows Phone Store.
- Office 365 sign-in user interface – Early May, All users signing in to Office 365 and Azure Active Directory will see an updated sign-in user interface (UI). This is purely a UI change with no change in functionality.
- Your favorite folders and groups are now in Outlook for iOS - introducing favorite folders and Office 365 Groups in Outlook for iOS.
Updated feature: LinkedIn integration with Microsoft Apps - users that have connected their LinkedIn and Microsoft accounts see personalized LinkedIn information in their Microsoft apps and services.
Reminder: Access Web Apps are being retired from SharePoint Online - Microsoft no longer recommends Access Services for new apps. This feature will be retired from Office 365. Starting April 2, 2018 Access Web Apps databases will be set as read-only. If needed, you will have a 60 day window to migrate your data over to a different data storage site. After the 60 days period, applications and databases will be deleted.
Office 365 Roadmap
The Office 365 Roadmap lists updates that are currently planned for applicable subscribers. Updates are at various stages from being in development to rolling-out to customers to being generally available for applicable customers world-wide, please click here.
Office 365 Benefits
Office 365 is delivered to students, staff, and faculty through the cloud and includes access to Microsoft Office as well as Web-based versions of the Microsoft Office suite. In addition, Office 365 users have access to Skype for Business, OneDrive, and OneNote. Through the cloud service, Office applications can be accessed over the Internet from anywhere at anytime.
Office 365 offers many benefits:
- Provides students the cloud-based services they have been requesting.
- Everyone has 50 GB of storage for email.
- Everyone receives cloud-based personal file storage on OneDrive.
For more information about Office 365, please click here.
Contact the OTS Call Center with questions, comments or feedback.