New features as of April 30, 2019:
- 'External" being added to subject and body of external email sent to UB addresses.
- New feature: Automatic processing of small changes in meeting details - When a meeting organizer updates a meeting details that do not affect the date/time/recurrence pattern, I.e. add Skype for Business meeting link, Office 365 will automatically process and add the changes to the invitees’ calendars without requiring the invitees to receive a meeting update in their inbox and having to respond again to the meeting invite. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&filters=&searchterms=30674
- Updated feature: New Tasks module in Outlook on the Web - new Tasks module in Outlook on the web as an updated Office 365 feature. We'll begin rolling this feature out in mid-March. https://support.office.com/article/set-up-microsoft-to-do-490c1a8c-2333-4952-8125-841afadb9620
- New Feature: Full-fidelity shared libraries in OneDrive - completed worldwide by the end of May 2019. Not only can you sync shared libraries from SharePoint Online and Microsoft Teams to your PC or Mac using OneDrive, you can now view shared libraries in OneDrive on the web with support for viewing file metadata. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/find-your-sharepoint-files-in-onedrive-for-business-9275de7b-0b0b-40ee-8fa2-b17d1b0727d0
- New feature: error resolution flow for illegal file and folder names in OneDrive - worldwide by the end of April 2019. Sometimes files are not able to sync to OneDrive because they have illegal characters in the name of the file, or in the name of the folder the file is in. OneDrive is rolling our an automated fix suggestion that will help users rename the problematic files on Windows and Mac, and thus resolve the sync issue around them. https://support.office.com/article/99333564-c2ed-4e78-8936-7c773e958881
- A new mass delete notification is coming to SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business - …by the end of February whenever someone deletes more than 200 synced OneDrive or Team Site files at once from their device, the OneDrive sync client will prompt the user to confirm it was intentional. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-OneDrive-Blog/OneDrive-Message-Center-Updates-January-1st-to-January-15th/bc-p/319802
Office 365 Roadmap
The Office 365 Roadmap lists updates that are currently planned for applicable subscribers. Updates are at various stages from being in development to rolling-out to customers to being generally available for applicable customers world-wide, please click here.
Office 365 Benefits
Office 365 is delivered to students, staff, and faculty through the cloud and includes access to Microsoft Office as well as Web-based versions of the Microsoft Office suite. In addition, Office 365 users have access to Skype for Business, OneDrive, and OneNote. Through the cloud service, Office applications can be accessed over the Internet from anywhere at anytime.
Office 365 offers many benefits:
- Provides students the cloud-based services they have been requesting.
- Everyone has 50 GB of storage for email.
- Everyone receives cloud-based personal file storage on OneDrive.
For more information about Office 365, please click here.
Contact the OTS Call Center with questions, comments or feedback.