Assurance of Learning: B.A. in Human Services Administration
Mission Statement: The Bachelor of Arts in Human Services Administration program prepares graduates to be responsive to the evolving needs of human services organizations. The program incorporates both an administrative and a direct services focus. The primary purpose of the program is to prepare entry level human services practitioners to work in a variety of helping professions, in several capacities, for a diversity of client populations. The program provides opportunities for career preparation, increased professional development, career advancement, and the pursuit of graduate education.
Program-Level Student Learning Outcomes
By completion of the requirements of the B.A. in Human Services Administration program:
- Students will demonstrate the ability to apply theoretical knowledge to contemporary human services issues.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to perform operational and administrative tasks to perform as an entry-level human services professional.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to conduct research as needed for program decision-making and/or identification of population needs.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to apply an ethical decision-making model to identified human service issues.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to assess the needs of individuals, families, organizations and communities toward developing interventions for identified problems.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to behave professionally when working with diverse clientele and staff.